May 7, 2012

Road Biking Colorado National Monument

This past weekend I got to take my first road bicycle ride. Mike B, his wife Jennifer and Jane and I rode from our house in Grand Junction to the park and back to the house. It was just under a 40 mile road ride and one of the best! There is a 3000ft elevation gain but it didn't feel that bad at all. Next time, I might figure out how to drag Rowan behind us as we pedal our way through the beautifully sculpted park. Towering sandstone walls, steep cliffs and blossoming flowers greeted us every mile of the trip. The best part was reaching the high point of the ride and being able to coast for miles back to our house.
I expected to have a sore butt for sitting in the saddle for that long but I felt pretty good the days following the ride. Thanks to Mike for lettign us ride his rental bikes from Venture Sports in Avon, Colorado.







Enjoy the photos!
piz : )

No comments:

Post a Comment